Our Weather Station

Forums Club Organisation Our Weather Station

Author Posts
November 15, 2015 at 8:54 am #2591
Tony
Tony
Participant

Why can’t our Weather Station be Repaired ?
This is a very simple question, can someone on the Committee have the courtesy to answer it please.

November 29, 2015 at 3:56 pm #2599
Fiona Brown
Fiona Brown

Hi Tony

Firstly sorry that no one has replied to you sooner.

I have found out that the reason the live weather information isn’t working is that the computer that is necessary to operate that part of the site has died and needs to be replaced. For one reason or another organising this replacement has taken a while (probably because everyone doing this stuff is a volunteer and it needs a fair bit of work to set up) .

Whilst I do have some editing access to the site I am not able to resolve this particular problem which needs someone much more technical. However, as a short term solution I have been able to edit the page to give a link to the Brightlingsea Harbour weather page which does display accurate current weather and has links to useful weather forecasts.

I also noticed that the tidal information page was not working properly either so have again given a temporary link to the Brightlingsea Harbour tidal page where you can download tide tables for 2015 and 2016 and see the tidal graphs for this week.

Sorry not to be able to help further, but hopefully the above will at least provide a practical solution until one of the boffins can get it properly resolved.

Thanks
Fi

Fiona Brown
BSC Gen Comm Member

December 4, 2015 at 11:36 am #2601
Tony
Tony
Participant

Thank you Fiona, i’m very grateful for your efforts and look forward to a more permanent solution.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.