Weather Station

Forums Club Organisation Weather Station

Author Posts
November 21, 2014 at 8:58 am #1835

RogerE
Participant

I see the webcam and weather station are working well then!

March 28, 2015 at 9:55 am #1981

RogerE
Participant

Weather station still working well then!

March 28, 2015 at 12:50 pm #1982

RichardMansfield
Participant

I must agree with you Roger this new web site is about as useful as a chocolate tea pot. I have virtually given up using it. Some of photos are so old and a lot of the boats are not sailed at the club any longer. The best weather station is Walton and Frinton lifeboat, whats more it is accurate and gives a truer picture of what is happening outside the shelter of the creek. I suppose one day something might get sorted with the website.

June 10, 2015 at 9:25 pm #2185
Tony
Tony
Participant

Does Anyone know when our Wind Instruments will be working again please ?
Many of us Rely on them for Instant updates, and they are of course Extremely Important for those with a long journey.
I look forward to hearing when they will be up and running again.
With thanks
Tony.

June 11, 2015 at 5:01 pm #2187
MikeBz
MikeBz
Participant

In the absence of the BSC weather station I use the Walton & Frinton Lifeboat Station – chances are there will be a bit less wind here than there but it does give a good idea what’s going on out in the open: http://www.waltonfrintonlifeboat.co.uk/live-weather. The one on the starting hut would be showing a lot less with the wind in this direction (just N of E).

June 12, 2015 at 8:17 am #2188
Tony
Tony
Participant

Yes Mike it’s nice to know what’s happening at Walton, but that’s hardly the point is it !
We race in the Colne Estuary and yes in the Creek, Not at Walton, or Dabchicks for that matter . . .
We have an excellent Weather Station of our own right here, and although it’s not in an Ideal position and allowing for its foibles, it gives a very good indication of what’s happening Locally, and also shows Tide, Pressure, Temperature etc . . . And that in conjunction with our Webcam provides us with a Great overview of the conditions where we Actually race.
As far as I know the whole set-up was quite costly and it seems a terrible shame that it hasn’t been working for about 9 Months as far as I can see, and yet No-one seems to know why !

June 12, 2015 at 8:58 am #2189
MikeBz
MikeBz
Participant

In some wind directions it is very inaccurate because of its location which is why I check the Walton one to see what the wind is really doing or what the worst you can expect is, but I agree that it’s very useful when it’s working, which it really should be. Someone must know something about it?

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by MikeBz MikeBz.
June 24, 2015 at 9:57 am #2210

RichardMansfield
Participant

Still not working then. I give up. I think I will have to go back to looking out of the window. According to this web site we appear to be a great club. I feel that it is misleading. It would appear that the powers to be are not that bothered as to what the members concerns are.

June 25, 2015 at 7:07 pm #2211
Tony
Tony
Participant

We want to know when the Weather Station will be fixed please ?

October 17, 2015 at 12:21 pm #2538
Tony
Tony
Participant

Why can’t our Weather Station be Repaired ?

November 8, 2015 at 12:05 pm #2558
Tony
Tony
Participant

Why can’t our Weather Station be Repaired ?
This is a very simple question, can someone on the Committee have the courtesy to answer it please.

January 11, 2016 at 7:54 pm #2623

RichardMansfield
Participant

Still not working then. I just thought I would try and get the ball rolling…….ha ha.

January 12, 2016 at 5:22 pm #2624
Tony
Tony
Participant

Nob

February 12, 2016 at 9:15 am #2701
brightlingseasailingclub
brightlingseasailingclub
Keymaster

Apologies to all. The weather station problem became a rather sorry tale of problems with the communications computer that it works with (it died), closure of the original supplier and, most fundamentally, my attention required on work related matters. We have tried a number of fixes/patches that proved unreliable. I am working to implement a new and hopefully more robust system as the technology has moved on in the last few years. I would hope to have it up and running by the start of the season with a focus on “maintenance free” reliability. Regards Paul Mines

February 13, 2016 at 11:09 am #2740
Tony
Tony
Participant

Thank you for the Update, it is long overdue.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.