Weather Station

Forums Club Organisation Weather Station

Author Posts
April 26, 2016 at 11:50 am #2927
Tony
Tony
Participant

We want our Weather Station to be Fixed, When will it be working again please ?

April 26, 2016 at 10:27 pm #2928
Fiona Brown
Fiona Brown

Hi Tony – apologies for the long delay in getting this sorted out. Unfortunately the person who has kindly been dealing with it has been away working overseas a great deal and hasn’t been able to get it sorted out. At the General Committee Meeting last week another IT savy member of the committee very kindly agreed to donate a suitable computer tower and liaise with the relevant people about getting the necessary software loaded and connecting the whole thing up. Please bear with us but I really hope we will have the weather station back up and running soon. In the meantime we have linked to the Harbour weather station so that at least there is accurate harbour weather information for anyone wishing to decide whether to come down to sail or not.

April 27, 2016 at 12:44 am #2929
Tony
Tony
Participant

Thank you Fiona for the Update, it seems to have been dragging on for a very long time, and sadly the Harbour Weather Station is worryingly inaccurate, especially for Weather and Tide !

June 1, 2016 at 10:06 am #3032
Tony
Tony
Participant

Is there any news on Our Club Weather Station ?
A lot of people Rely on it for up to the minute information, and yet Another Month has gone by.
Is there any way we can get it working again soon please ?
Many Thanks
Tony

June 9, 2016 at 8:37 am #3067
Fiona Brown
Fiona Brown

Hi Tony – thanks to a huge amount of work behind the scenes by Billy Button, Piers Lambert, Andy Taylor, our web people and Paul Mines, I am relieved and excited to be able to ask you to go and take a look at http://www.sailbrightlingsea.com/brightlingsea-live-weather/.
So sorry that it took so long to resolve but at last we have the weather info back on the site and I can also confirm that the wind strength and direction info in the hut for race officers is now also fully functional once again as that had experienced problems in the last few weeks too.
Please let me know if there are any issues with the info.
Thanks
Fi

June 9, 2016 at 2:29 pm #3068
Tony
Tony
Participant

Hi Fiona,
Thank you for the update, i’m sure Everyone will be pleased that our Weather Station is running again after so long, let’s hope it proves to be less problematic after such a Huge amount of work to get it working again.
Is there a problem with the Web cam now ?
Cheers
Tony

June 12, 2016 at 2:44 pm #3086

Billy
Participant

Webcam Sorted Tony. Only thing that is now slightly suspect is the weather forecast text that is displayed, but if you are online looking at the weather station, then met office website should be available to you. Still working on that bit.
Billy

June 12, 2016 at 7:57 pm #3091
Tony
Tony
Participant

Thank you very much for all your efforts Billy, it is very much appreciated.
Cheers
Tony

July 13, 2016 at 6:36 pm #3162
Tony
Tony
Participant

Sad to see our Weather Station and Webcam both crash on Sunday, let’s hope it’s an easier Fix this time 🙂

July 14, 2016 at 10:25 am #3163
Fiona Brown
Fiona Brown

Hi Tony – thanks for letting us know. We are looking into it right now and will report back when we know what’s happened.

July 14, 2016 at 11:01 am #3164
Tony
Tony
Participant

Hi Fiona,
I was watching Both at the time, and they went down simultaneously, so I would assume it’s an electrical fault.

July 14, 2016 at 5:39 pm #3165
Tony
Tony
Participant

Sorted – Great 👍

July 14, 2016 at 5:44 pm #3166
Fiona Brown
Fiona Brown

Hi Tony – turns out it was a power supply issue. Piers kindly went into the hut and got it sorted out for us so we are all up and running again.

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.