Covid-19 Interim Statement - 2 November 2020
Published 20:02 on 2 Nov 2020
The Covid-19 Briefing by the Prime Minister on Saturday 31 October announced that with effect from Thursday 5 November we will be returning to a nationwide lockdown (click here for details of the New National Restrictions that come into force from Thursday 5 November).
We have today been advised by the RYA that they are currently awaiting clarification from the government on the full implications for organised sailing and that they anticipate being in a position to issue updated guidance to clubs on Wednesday 4 November.
Whilst we are awaiting details of that new RYA guidance it is already clear that, even if organised sailing is permitted to continue in some form, the new rules may put significant additional restrictions on crews from mixed households sailing or doing duties together until at least 2 December.
For this reason we have immediately taken the decision that it would be unfair to continue with the existing Winter Series as some competitors who sailed in the first race may be unable to continue the series and a significant number of those who had kindly volunteered for duties will no longer feel able to fulfil them.
Once the RYA issues updated guidance later in the week the General Committee will be in a position to send you a more detailed statement, but in the meantime I would like to thank everyone for their patience and understanding.
Last updated 16:41 on 23 July 2021