Sailing Committee April Update
Published 10:44 on 16 Apr 2018
Incoming Vice Commodore Sailing Simon Redfearn has provided the following quick update from the Sailing Committee Meeting held on Saturday 14 April. Full minutes of the meeting will be available via the Members Portal in due course.
The main issues discussed were.
- Sailing instructions will be changed to include slower boats such as the Tera Sport in our pursuit races. This will means a slightly shorter race for faster boats but we felt it important for races to be all inclusive.
- More Info will be sent to Rescue Boat crews. We want to improve the knowledge base of our crews and help inexperienced crews develop. We also aim to make sure safety equipment is more accessible on our boats. Opportunities for training on rescue boats will be available on Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday evenings.
- We confirmed that boats which have multiple rigs can`t change rigs during a series. These will be seen as a separate entry.
- We discussed the issue of co-ordinating start times wherever possible with high water. Sailors may prefer to sail at high water whereas the social side of the club benefits from afternoon racing. It is also known that the creek is getting narrower and shallower. A long –term solution is needed. We will make no changes this year but want to know your views and ideas on possible improvements. Please make your views known to the committee.
- Full minutes available following their approval at the next meeting via the Member's portal.
Last updated 17:24 on 19 November 2018