Update on BSC Club House Closure and Postponement of Racing
Published 16:05 on 20 Apr 2020
In light of the official announcement from the Government this afternoon (Thursday 16 April) that the existing COVID-19 lockdown rules will continue to apply for at least three more weeks, and in recognition that even once full lockdown begins to be lifted it will be some time before normal club operations can recommence, your General Committee has made the decision to extend the current closure of the club house and postponement of racing and organised on water activities until the end of May.
That said, your General Committee is constantly monitoring the situation and will meet (by Skype) fortnightly, rather than monthly, for the foreseeable future so that they can react rapidly to any changes. The committee is closely monitoring not only Government advice, but also the advice from the Coastguard, the RNLI, the RYA, Brightlingsea Harbour and other relevant official bodies. Currently all of that advice is asking people not to go afloat or gather at clubs and so this continues to be our request to you as members too.
So please continue to stay home and stay safe as the more effectively we all do this the sooner we will be able to return to the club.
Last updated 15:48 on 4 November 2020