Covid-19 : Important Announcement from the General Committee 16 April 2020
Published 16:04 on 20 Apr 2020
These are unprecedented times and because of this your General Committee will be taking unprecedented steps to assist our membership, especially those experiencing particular hardship, to help safely steer the club through these uncharted waters.
At the General Committee held on Wednesday 15 April 2020 the following was agreed;
- A "Hardship Committee" has been formed consisting of the Treasurer and Membership Secretary to consider particular circumstances on an individual basis affecting payment of the 2020 membership fee.
Any information provided by members to the Hardship Committee will, of course, be treated in the utmost confidence under the clubs GDPR obligations and will NOT be shared with any individuals or organisations outside the Hardship Committee (for clarity this includes the other members of the General Committee).
If for any reason you wish to appeal to the hardship committee in relation to your 2020 membership, please contact either:
Kathy Ashworth (Membership Secretary) at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01206 861610
Dave Gibbons (Treasurer) at Treasurer@sailbrightlingsea.com or 07801717151.
- The General Committee will offer a discount on the 2021 membership rate to everybody who is a member of the club on 1st June 2020. The discount percentage will be defined by the General Committee once it is clear the period for which the Covid-19 restrictions have affected the ability of the Club to provide facilities to the membership.
- The final date for payment of your subscription will be moved from 1st February 2020 to 1st June 2020 and no member will be considered as "in arrears" until this date. The committee hopes that the timetable for restarting activities will become clear during this time.
This allows those members who are still to pay their BSC Membership fee for 2020 to have the following options:
- Pay their membership entitling them to the discount in 2021 and the facilities of the club when available.
- Formally resign their membership by email or letter to the Membership Secretary.
- Do nothing and be placed formally into arrears, the implications of this are explained more fully in the rules of the club, available from the club website.
- New member discounts for partial year membership will continue to apply to NEW members only. Returning members will not be entitled to the partial year discount.
- Cadet Night parent membership and Cadet membership related to the Tuesday night sessions will continue to relate to the start of these sessions. The ability to run the Cadet Night sessions later this year is currently under review and announcements will follow.
This is not the time to take a short-term view of our Club, but instead we need to consider the benefits we have each derived from our memberships over the years and the value of those memberships going forwards. This crisis will pass and our loyalty to the club now will help to ensure that it will be there for us all to enjoy in the years ahead. The General Committee hope that these changes will encourage members to renew their membership at a time when the Club needs your support.
Last updated 11:49 on 3 June 2020