The Club Needs Your Help!
Published 00:00 on 4 Mar 2018
Running the club voluntarily as we do, "for the members by the members", means that we need your help. We know that lives have changed and people rarely have a lot of spare time these days, so we are working to divide up the tasks as much as possible to make managing the club as easy as we can. But we still need everyone to pitch in as much as they can (if we all just do a little bit we've got this!).
Already we have succeeded in finding volunteers for a lot of jobs, but we still have plenty of tasks we need regular help with. What ever your skills and experience we can really use your support so please, please, please give some thought to what you might be able to do to help.
Some of the jobs we need help with do require a bit more time, but others may only take a few hours a month and can be done very flexibly at times to suit you.
We're delighted to report that Simon Redfearn has stepped forward to take on the Vice Commodore Sailing role and he will stand for election at the AGM on 2 April. We are still seeking volunteers for up to 3 other Vice Commodore roles to include Vice Commodore(s) House & Entertainments and for a Sailing Secretary.
In addition, here are just a few of the other general tasks we currently need help with:
- Web master/web editors (training will be given so if you can write and operate Facebook you can do this)
- Social Media managers for major events
- Photographers for major events
- Results Coordinator and club results inputters (using our new online system - training will be given)
- Galley equipment servicing coordinator (organising the typically annual servicing and cleaning with suppliers)
- Galley Shopping Coordinator and weekly shoppers (helping to pick up supplies locally and make periodic trips to Bookers)
- Galley Team Leaders (heading up teams for our open meetings, regatta and special events)
- Tuesday Night Cadet club boat helms
- Friday Night Family Fun club boat helms and rescue boat crews
- Galley crew throughout the year
- General maintenance and repair jobs around the club and boat park
- Regatta Coordinator (for our regatta activities on 2 and 3 June)
- Regatta Helpers (2 and 3 June)
- Social Event helpers for our big social events during the year
- Joining our General, Sailing and House & Entertainments Committees to help manage and direct the club.
And there are plenty more we can add to this list as we go forwards so please, give some thought to what you may be able to help with and drop Commodore Fiona Brown a line on email@example.com or call her on 07711 718470 for a chat.
Last updated 13:37 on 5 November 2019